Pleb Sickness

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

I am officially sick of having a pleb.

I can't remember if I've mentioned this before, but a month or two ago, my bosses hired me a sidekick to help me out with the boring day to day stuff that I'm too lazy busy to do. I get that this is probably an important and useful thing to have done, however after almost six years of working alone, I have to say that I'm not very receptive to having someone around all the time asking me questions and making lame joke. I'm also not a huge fan of people who don't pick something up after being told three times. I figure two or three times should be enough to have it sink in. Once so the idea is out there, a second time to remind him and a third time because there's a lot of stuff to learn and it makes sense that some things would slip through. After three times, there's no real excuse for not remembering, and after five or six, I'm just pissed off that I have to keep repeating myself.

Plus I think he escaped from a Revenge of the Nerds movie, so we don't even really have anything to talk about when he's not asking annoying questions.

If anyone wants to trade plebs, let me know.

2 comments:

Badaunt said...

First I thought that 'making lame joke' was a typo. Then, when I finished reading everything else you have written about your pleb, I realized it probably wasn't. I understand, now. He has one lame joke which he tells you multiple times because he forgets he's already told you.

I'm right, am I not?

torrygirl said...

It may not have been on purpose, but it's definitely more accurate!! I don't think it's that he's forgotten that he's already told me, it's more that he's never had to make conversation with a female for more than 5 minutes so doesn't know what else to say!

Post a Comment