The Land of Guns, Convenience Stores & Erotic Books

Friday, July 10, 2009

In half an hour I'm heading for the airport for a weekend trip to Sydney. I've been to Sydney several times over the last few years, but only ever on business - never as a giant tourist like I will be this weekend! Ok, admittedly I do have to do work stuff today, but that’s only half a day and then the rest of the weekend is all mine.

I’m going to spend the weekend trying to discover if there really is more to Sydney than adult book stores, gun shops and convenience stores (people keep telling me there is). Mostly the convenience stores intrigue me. I’ve never been anywhere else where you can walk past two 7-Eleven stores in one block. That’s just weird. But very convenient, and I suppose that’s what it’s all about. And I suppose you need lots of snacks and stuff after all the gun and erotic book shopping.

Wish me luck!

0 comments:

Post a Comment