Online Hermit

Tuesday, October 30, 2007

You may not realise this, but it is entirely possible to continue living in a house after having eaten the entire contents of the refrigerator, freezer and pantry. In fact, i have mastered the skill of shopping for food only when it becomes an absolute necessity - for example, when i am down to eating a meal of instant mashed potato, 2-minute noodles and savoy biscuits. For some reason, these are the 3 things which seem to abound in our house and they are a true sign to me that it's time to shop. Nothing says get off your arse and buy some real food like a plate full of Deb and artificial chicken flavoured noodles.

It's not that I don't love food - because I do. I have shelves and shelves of recipe books that I use at every opportunity. I'm just insanely lazy. This laziness means not being able to muster up the motivation to get in the car, drive to the shops and push my way through a bunch of other unmotivated looking people to get my groceries. I'm thinking of maybe trying online grocery shopping, but have shied away from it for fear that I might soon become such a computer nerd that I will be a hermit without noticing. I do pretty much everything else online already.

In fact, the more I think about it, the more I realise that it may already be too late....

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm all about the online grocery shopping! Of course, I live in a third floor walk-up and have to haul around a toddler who won't sit in a basket and wants to help carry the bags so it has really made my life a lot easier. Honestly, I spend a lot less money when I do my shopping online because impulse purchases just don't happen. Look at it as a budget saving device if that makes you feel any better. The only problem I've found is that they don't always have everything I want or the brands I want.

Post a Comment