The tall and short of it

Thursday, January 03, 2008

Sometimes I wonder what life would be like if I were shorter. I stand at around 5'10" - so I'm relatively tall. In a decent pair of heels I'm over 6 feet. Luckily for me, KJ is about 6'3", so I can wear heels and still be shorter than he is. It's good because as a woman it feels strange to be taller than your partner.

When I was younger, I used to date a guy who was about 5'5". I couldn't wear heels when we went out because I would tower above him, and in a loud room I would have to hunch over so that I could talk to him. It didn't last very long.

I wonder - If I were shorter, would I see different things? I'd be looking at everything from a lower angle, so people would look different because I'd be observing them from a different perspective. Would people be less attractive? Because you would spend a lot of time gazing up their nostrils while trying to make eye contact - that could be a little off-putting, especially if they had crazy nose hair. Although if you were shorter, you wouldn't be able to see bald patches on top of people's heads, which could work in their favour - especially if they invested in a good quality nose hair trimmer.

If a tall and a short people were to walk down the same street at the same time, and you asked them the things they noticed, would they answer differently because their eye-levels were at a different height?

It's an interesting thought, because no matter what I do, I can't ever be shorter than I am now, so there is no way for me to really know if it would be different. Weeks and weeks of holiday gives you time to ponder these deep and meaningful thoughts. Time to truly think on the important things, like shortness and it's effect in the sale of trimmers for excess nostril hair.

I think I need to get a hobby....

0 comments:

Post a Comment