3, 127, 66, 5, 1/2 and 1

Thursday, March 06, 2008

Three websites, 127 playground drawings, 66 cups of coffee, 5 international product orders (resulting in one very irate company director), half a retaining wall and one funeral.

These are the things that i have been doing instead of blogging.

The websites were for friends and for work. If i didn't treasure my thin veil of anonymity so much, i would post links to them here, because they're pretty impressive (if i do say so myself). I'm not really a web designer, more of a professional nerd with an artistic flair, so i don't get to do a lot of web design, but I've enjoyed what I've done so far, and it's nice when you do these sorts of things for friends because they're always so grateful and thankful. Which is kind of the opposite of what i get for doing the work website...

The 127 playgrounds sort of go without saying. That's my job. 2D, 3D, 2D,3D....endless and also a little boring after 5 years. 127 playgrounds in three weeks means i've been very very busy.

The 66 cups of coffee is not an exaggeration, sadly. I fear that i have another addiction, and a little bit of nerdy maths has revealed to me that i'm averaging about 22 cups a week. That's a hell of a lot of coffee. I started to work out what i drank yearly, and just how much money Starbucks & Gloria Jeans have taken me for, but i got scared and had to stop.

International orders. Yet another excuse for crazy sales rep who takes issue with me leaving the building to crack the sads over nothing.

The retaining wall. Oh, my beautiful retaining wall. It was holding our backyard up, then it was not, and now it is again. It caused me to do excerise, and that means it must be something special. Eventually, one day, i will fix the other half of you.

The funeral. This is the number one reason why i haven't been blogging. For the past few weeks, my grandfather has been very ill, and on Saturday morning he passed away.

They told us about a week before he died that he only had a few days left and I've found it hard to think about much else. The funeral was on Tuesday.

I honestly can't think of anything else to say about it at this point. It's crap, death is always crap and to be honest, every time I've sat down to write in the last few weeks, I've drawn a blank because all i can think about is how crap this is, and there hasn't been anything else to say.

Now that the funeral has come and gone, i think i just needed a bit of a nudge to get back into the swing of writing and thinking about other things, and i got that today - thanks Tyge.

So i intend to sit down now and read the 92 blog entries on my Google Reader that I've put off for the past few weeks, and hopefully after that, I'll feel like writing some more. Although i may need a coffee or 22...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Torry, I'm so sorry about your grandfather *big hugs*

torrygirl said...

Thanks Carrie

said...

My condolences... but I'm glad to see you back among the living~!

Post a Comment