I shall call it.....Brinner. Or maybe Dinnfast.

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Breakfast foods for dinner. Totally under-rated.

I just had a big bowl of muesli and yoghurt and it was waaaaay better than it could ever be at breakfast time. I wouldn't normally eat muesli for breakfast, because I have to give my stomach its all important 3-cup-coffee-coating before it's ready to handle food, and by then it's usually lunchtime.

Bacon and eggs is another great breakfast for dinner food, although I have to admit that nothing tops a bacon and egg sandwich for breakfast - not even a bacon and egg sandwich for dinner. But bacon and eggs are truly a great all-rounder.

I'm toying with the idea of dinner foods for breakfast, but I'm not so sure how that one will go. I'm easing into it; starting small. On the weekend I fried myself up some left over fries and then scrambled an egg in them, so that's a start. It was pretty damn good, too. Who would have thought that potatoes and eggs would make such a good team! If i can keep this up, soon it will be roasts for breakfast and fruit-loops for dinner.

It makes more sense this way, if you really think about it. In the morning I'm refreshed, I'm awake, I have the energy to roast a leg of lamb, prepare and steam 5 fresh vegetables and season and roast potatoes. At 6pm after driving an hour home from work on a 40 degree day in peak hour traffic in a car with no air conditioning - I think cereal is more my speed.

I'm not sure where this leaves me for lunch, however. I may have to leave lunch as it is. It's worked pretty well for me for the last 26 years, so I guess it must be doing something right.




In other, completely unrelated news, we've had another two Huntsman Spiders in our house. One in the bath (I think it fell there and got stuck, or else it wanted to wash its hairy legs) and one in the room with no name. The room with no name is thus named because it's just the weird bit of house that sticks off the side of the kitchen that I guess is there to eat meals in, but that we never use because we eat all of our meals at the dinner couch. Huh, having said all that, I guess the room does have a name.
Anyway, the point here is - I'm totally over the spiders. If anyone knows a good way to deter them, then let me know because I don't think I can stand much more of these freaky, hairy, uninvited guests.

2 comments:

Badaunt said...

I'm totally into having breakfast at dinner time. It saves time in the morning.

Also: those big motherfivlrt spiders eat cockroaches. And they're not poisonous. You should be grateful! In fact, they probably eat poisonous spiders! (OK, that last bit might have been wishful thinking, but YOU NEVER KNOW.)

Badaunt said...

Incidentally, the second part of the 'mother' word was written with hands moved one key over, in case you hadn't noticed. I am trying not to be offensive.

Post a Comment