It's Finally Over!

Sunday, October 26, 2008

On Wednesday afternoon, 2 ½ days before I was due to finish up at work, I was unceremoniously booted out on my arse. Not so much as a 'thanks for the last 5 ½ years' or a 'good luck for the future'. Just a quick meeting to politely tell me that I’d handed over all I could and that they wanted me to leave. Wasn't that sweet of them?!

It made me laugh, because in addition to being paid to take a 2 day holiday and finally getting away from there, I also had the thrill of watching them pat themselves on the back for the grand point that they had made by booting me out - only to have the entire staff tell them that they are completely disgusted with the way I was treated and that it has made them all think twice about working there. If only I could have seen the looks on their faces when they heard that!

I've had a lot of really nice phone calls from co-workers that I didn't get to say goodbye to, and they're all completely disgusted with what has happened. And how can I feel bad about it all when everyone (aside from the 3 bosses) has been so nice to me?

So I’m officially free and I’m moving on. I got myself a new haircut and a new wardrobe in lieu of taking a break, to help with getting a fresh start.
Tomorrow is my first day in the new job and I’m really looking forward to it. It's going to be strange to walk into a different building and answer to different people. And it will be strange to be working with an entirely different sort of group. The last place was a very young company with a lot of people around my own age. The new place is primarily men and they are mostly a fair bit older than I am (about my dad's age, I think). It will be different, but I’m hoping it will be better.

I can't wait!

0 comments:

Post a Comment