Hand Signals

Thursday, June 25, 2009

I can't stop thinking about the woman that I saw this morning on the way to work. She was standing by the side of the road, watching the oncoming traffic. She had her arm extended out as though she was hitch hiking, but instead of holding her thumb out, she was pointing with her index finger.

I looked at where she was pointing, but there was nothing there. I looked at the road, but there was nothing of note on it. She didn't seem troubled or anxious in any way. She was just calmly standing by the side of the road, pointing into nothing.

What was she pointing at? Was she trying to tell me something? I can't work it out because I am a complete failure when it comes to basic hand signals. I would never make it in the army, because all of that tricky hand motioning that they do when they're hiding in the jungle waiting to surround the enemy would go straight over my head. It doesn't matter how much you point at your eyes and the ground and try to mouth words without saying them - I just don't get it. Write it down or say it out loud if you want me to understand!

This woman was obviously trying to convey something to the people passing by and it's driving me crazy trying to work out what it was!

0 comments:

Post a Comment