Jellybean Power

Monday, September 20, 2010

There are two small-ish things that I was going to write about today, that I originally considered to be unrelated to each other.

The first is the giant jar of jellybeans that I have on my desk. We were going to use them for a work promo - a 'guess how many jellybeans in the jar' kind of thing. We didn’t end up using them, so instead they’ve been sitting there, staring at me, waiting for me to devour them in sudden moments of sugar craving weakness.
I don’t eat a lot of sugar in general, so I’ve noticed the difference in my moods after slowly working my way through the jellybeans.
Initially, there were 568 beans in the jar, in a rainbow of colours. Now I have a giant jar with a handful of black and purple jellybeans and not much else.


The other thing I wanted to write about was that I’ve read 6 books in the last week and a half, despite having very little spare time. I was very impressed with myself for that, until I put the jellybean story and the book story side by side, and all of a sudden, the book thing seems to be slightly less impressive.

I’m beginning to think the two things may be related. I am a jellybean powered reading machine.

0 comments:

Post a Comment