Power Napping

Thursday, September 02, 2010

You know what’s annoying about sharing a bed with another person? It’s all nice and cozy when you’re cuddled up together, and you can get all comfy and sleepy; but then just as you’re on the brink of sleep, the other person will move and you’ll be woken up. Getting to sleep after that is next to impossible, because it’s like you’ve given your brain a little power nap, and suddenly you’re not quite as sleepy as you were only seconds ago.

This happens to me all the time. I think if KJ didn’t travel so much it would drive me insane. I don't really sleep all that much to begin with, so that tiny little power nap can mean that I'm lying in bed awake for a good hour or so. The week or so per month that KJ is away lets me enjoy getting to bed without a power napping incident. I imagine that he'd probably be a little put out if I told him that though, because telling someone that you enjoy your nights without them probably doesn't rate highly on the romance scale. But just between us, last night I had the best sleep I've had all week.

0 comments:

Post a Comment