White

Tuesday, May 06, 2008

I'm not sure but I think I've become that person who starts lots of home renovation projects and never finishes them. The kind of person you see on shows like 'Renovation Rescue' or 'DIY Disasters' who can't really seem to explain what it was that motivated them to start on a new project while the bathroom wall is still half missing and covered by a plastic tarp.

The problem for me is that I'm indecisive about colours. I started by painting our bedroom off-white with bright white trims - which in theory sounded good, but in practise was much more difficult. There are literally thoussnds of shades of white paint. How do you pick two shades that will go together well? More importantly, who would have thought that you could buy two shades of whites that didn't go well together!!!?? I spent three days repairing, prepping and painting the room, only to find at the end that my two shades of white didn't really match. The trims looked too dark which made the walls look too dark. So I picked another shade of white for the trims and started painting, only to find that the trim colour was great, but it made the walls look too yellow. So now I have to paint the walls again.

After the first coat of paint on the bedroom, I lost interest for a while and started on the bathroom - it's now trapped in a sort of half-primed, white-washed state, and I don't see it being finished any time soon.

Give it a few months and I'm sure you'll see me on Renovation Rescue - I'll be the paint covered woman screaming about all the white walls looking the same.

0 comments:

Post a Comment