Constructing a drink

Monday, August 25, 2008

On Saturday I donned a fluoro vest, hard hat and tool belt and went out for a night on the town!

The outfit was a costume that I was wearing as a 'construction worker' for a 'C' Themed birthday party for one of the sales guys at work. Sadly, construction worker was the fall-back costume and there were quite a few of them there. It's pretty hard to come up with something original that starts with the letter 'C' that you can make yourself without spending a fortune.

I was a bit disappointed that i didn't get to wear something a bit more original, but unlike the other construction workers there, my costume had a practical side. I discovered that even if you don't have any tools to put in a tool belt, the pouches at the front (which I assume are for nails or something) are the perfect size for holding beer bottles. And there's a kind of metal thing on the side that made a perfect cup holder. Now I'm thinking about taking it to every party I go to! It's the perfect party accessory! It even had a spot for a measuring tape at the front that was the perfect size for a pack of cigarettes (Have I mentioned how much I miss smoking?).

No wonder labourers have the stereotype of being big drinkers - they have a drinking belt as a uniform!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm thinking...wedding dress. Just think how handy it would be to wear a tool belt over your wedding dress. Fed-up carrying that bouquet? Shove it in the belt. Emergency rations of Maltesers always to hand on your big day, and every bride needs somewhere to stash the hip flask. Sorted.

torrygirl said...

Fantastic idea!Hmm, I wonder how the dressmaker would feel about building one into the dress...

Post a Comment