Good Intentions & Laziness

Saturday, August 02, 2008

Saturdays are all about good intentions and laziness.
This Saturday we had the good intention to spend the day catching up on all the random stuff that we've been putting off because we're too lazy. Instead I'm sitting here catching up on 2 weeks worth of blog reading and KJ is still in bed watching an Elton John/Billy Joel concert on TV. This is pretty much how our Saturdays always go. We make a full day's worth of plans and then sleep til midday, stuff around for an hour or two and end up doing just one of the twenty things we had planned.

For the past 2 years i have wanted to go to the local Saturday morning market. Sadly, the market starts at 8 and closes at 12 - so by the time we expend our Saturday morning laziness, it's too late. I'm usually up in time to go - I get up at around 8 every Saturday, but KJ stays in bed and i get online and the morning disappears. Every so often i get motivated and say that we will start spending our weekends in a productive way. This is usually on a Monday, so by the time Saturday rolls around, the motivation is gone and it goes like any other Saturday.

I think I need new motivation. What I need to do is quit my 9-5 job, get a night job and then maybe i might be able to get stuff done on a Saturday. Or even better, I might move to another country, which will hopefully screw up my internal clock and will mean that I will get stuff done without realising it's Saturday morning. Although that might make it hard to go to the local Melbourne market. Even better, I might go back to bed and sleep all morning until I've forgotten all the things we have planned. That sounds like a plan.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Here in Spain nothing starts early because if it did we'd all have far too much time between getting up and the siesta.

Good to see you're still tapping those keys!

Badaunt said...

(Hey! It's Andaloo again!)

You get up at 8 on Saturdays? Why?

torrygirl said...

Andaloo! Good to see (or read?) from you again!
A siesta sounds like a great idea - that way I would get a second chance at getting things done after waking up!

Badaunt - I don't get up at 8 because I want to. Work has ruined me for sleeping in! I need a job that starts at 12 so i can wake up at 11 every weekend....

Badaunt said...

Stop making excuses. I can get up at 5 or 6 most mornings, then Saturday comes and I'm dead to the world until 10. At LEAST 10.

You are obviously not trying hard enough.

Post a Comment