Passive Smoker

Saturday, August 16, 2008

I miss smoking - a LOT. You would think that after 2 years of smoke-free air, I would be disgusted by the smell of cigarette smoke, but instead it makes me long for one more beautiful cigarette.

I am convinced that I have mild super-hero powers. I have an amazing and massive amount of will power and it's not normal. I should have given in to the urge to smoke by now, especially given that I don't really have any particular reasons for wanting to quit. I tried to think of a superhero name for myself, but anything that I put the word 'will' into just ended up sounding pervy. Even now, while I’m thinking about driving down to the shops and buying a pack of smokes, my stupid will power is telling me that i shouldn't do it.

When I’ve had a few drinks and my will power slides a teensy bit, I like to indulge in a good passive smoke. This usually involves placing myself directly in front of a smoker and inhaling their second-hand smoke while they look at me like I'm maybe just a little crazy. This usually serves as an intervention to stop me from actually smoking a cigarette - I realise that I'm so sad and addicted that it is embarrassing, and I put the idea of smoking out of my head.

I think what really keeps me from smoking is knowing that if I have one cigarette, I won’t be able to stop myself from having another. And then another, and another…

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again – why are all the really enjoyable things the ones that are bad for you?

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're doing really well, keep it up.

I pack up smoking often, in fact it was just yesterday I was thinking it must be about time I did it again. I'm lucky that I (usually) find it easy to stop, but it's staying stopped that's the tricky bit. After a while I convince myself that it was so easy to stop that I could have a crafty smoke and then stop again. Ring any bells?
You're right, as soon as you have that first one it'll be two, three... Go with that huge will of yours (your right there too, it does sound pervy) and stay stopped.

Sniff this comment, I just blew smoke on it. EWWWWWWWWW

Post a Comment