An Angry Dilemma

Monday, October 12, 2009

There is a girl that I have been trying to avoid now for some time, because any meeting between us would require some kind of volatile reaction on my part – definitely verbal and most likely physical as well.

I’m not going to go into all the details of why it is that this girl elicits a strange desire for physical violence from me. Suffice to say that this girl has behaved around KJ in a way which resulted in circumstances which left me feeling hurt, angry, a little embarrassed and with a very unusual but enormous desire to break every bone in her body.

I’m not usually someone who wants anything to do with that sort of thing. In fact, I’m not a very confrontational person at all. I think it’ something to do with deep subconscious guilt – I can’t be cruel without feeling bad afterwards, no matter how deserving the person might be and no matter how much I might want to. I don’t even like watching TV shows where people argue a lot, so needless to say; meeting this girl again is pretty low on my list of priorities.

This girl’s brother and KJ have been friends for a long time, which has made it hard to avoid her. They’re a close family, so whenever there is an event thrown by this friend – let’s call him Flavio (because it’s so obviously not his name, but so very cool to say) – his sister is always invited. It’s made it difficult, but so far, we’ve missed most of these events because we’ve had previous plans. No need to make awkward excuses – luck has prevented a confrontation.
But now Flavio is having a house warming party and we are not only free, we don’t have any excuse whatsoever to get us out of it because prior to this business with his evil sister, we were the ones who encouraged him to have the party. And now thanks to the magic of Facebook, I know that his sister is definitely going to be there.

I haven’t seen her since her disgusting behaviour came to light, and I’ve spent a very unhealthy amount of time thinking about the things that I would say and do upon seeing her. But never in these evil fantasies did I imagine it would happen in front of all of her family. It was always a moment that would embarrass her in front of people that I know, but not ruin KJ’s friendship with Flavio.

I thought about not going to the party at all, but we can’t avoid every single event Flavio invites us to or he’ll start to think that we don’t like him. Besides, I can't give her the satisfaction.

So now I’m confused about what to do. If she’s there, should I confront her? Should I try to avoid her and only confront her if she tries to talk to us? Should I give her a quiet warning to stay the hell away from us and save the real tirade for another time? Or should I just hit her as hard as I can and run away very fast?

2 comments:

Carrie said...

Oh man. That really, really sucks. I don't know what to tell you. Where your HOT dress and keep your eye out for an oppurtunity to cut her to the core.

torrygirl said...

ooh, hadn't thought about that - must look completely awesome so she looks insignificant. I'll definitely do that, thanks Carrie. :)

Post a Comment