Work vs. Slacking

Friday, June 05, 2009

Lately I'm finding that my work to slacking ratio is tilting in favour of the slacking. It's especially noticeable on a Friday, when two of my co-workers have the day off and the others conveniently have appointments with customers outside the office.

This leaves me alone at my computer, weighing up between working or slacking. Inevitably, i realise that the fact that I'm staring blankly at the screen weighing up these options actually constitutes slacking, and thereby my decision has already been made for me.

I do try to use my slacking time somewhat constructively, by doing things like increasing my vocabulary (playing facebook scrabble), honing my culinary skills (deciding what to have for dinner) and advancing my technological know-how (shopping for cool new gadgets online). So it's not really slacking when you look at it that way.

I guess you could say that my slacking is a vital part of my everyday routine. In fact i think i could go as far as to say that my Friday slacking is essential to my growth as a human being. Now all I need to do is convince the rest of the world about this and I'll never have to waste valuable slacking time worrying about whether or not to do some work.

0 comments:

Post a Comment