Lazy Town

Monday, December 10, 2007

There is a segment on the morning radio show that I listen to called ‘Lazy Town’. People call in and talk about the laziest thing they’ve ever done. Like the guy who drove around with his fuel light on all day, then drove into a service station that night, looked at the pump, thought to himself ‘I can’t be bothered’ and drove off, only to run out of petrol about 2km up the road.

A girl rang in to say that when she wants to use the phone at home but can’t be bothered getting up to get it, she rings her house, pretends to be someone else and asks to speak to herself so that someone will bring her the cordless phone.

This has got me thinking about the lazy things that I often do. I’m not sure that I can meet the super lazy standards of the petrol man, however I think I could probably come close.

Tonight I couldn’t be bothered stopping on the way home from work to get something for dinner. The cupboards are bare (yet again) and instead of popping down to the shops to get something nutritious and wholesome, I once again ate whatever the cupboard coughed up. Microwave meat pie, hot chocolate and original flavoured Doritos.

That is how lazy I am. 10 minutes of time in the car and at the supermarket and I could have had something great, but I was too lazy. It’s a sickness, really.

I’d like to hear other people’s lazy stories – hopefully there is someone out there lazier than I am!

5 comments:

Badaunt said...

One of the reasons I haven't been keeping up with my blog reading is that I have been trying to catch up with some marking I usually do in class, but which this semester I was too lazy to do. I don't know why. These are little tests I give weekly, usually about five questions each, which take a very short time to mark if I do them while the students are doing something else.

This semester, EVERY SINGLE WEEK, I sat and observed the students working, with the red pen in my hand, and eventually thought, "Oh, never mind. I'll do it later. It won't take long."

And no, it wouldn't take long if there was only one class of tests for one week. Unfortunately I have about eight classes of tests from about eight weeks. It is taking FOREVER.

said...

I don't think this is very uncommon for bachelors, but I once drove to the store and bought new underwear and socks because I didn't feel like doing laundry.

Iron Pugilist said...

My phone rang this one time and it was on a table about 4 feet away from me. When I couldn't get it by stretching my foot out, I took off my shirt and tried to hook it with a button.

torrygirl said...

The underwear thing is definitely more lazy than my eating habits. I like your style - I'm not a fan of doing laundry, so I might have to give this a go.

torrygirl said...

I've done the 'too lazy to reach for something' thing before too. If we weren't meant to do it, it wouldn't work so well... :P

Post a Comment