Only Half Blind

Wednesday, November 04, 2009

Because I had Monday and Tuesday off, I decided to (finally) get my eyes tested. I’ve been complaining about getting old and not being able to read anything that’s more than 2 metres away for quite a while now, but the prospect of having to try to find glasses that suit me is so horrible that I’ve put it off. Until now, that is. I was doing a bit of window shopping on Monday and as I wandered by the optometrist, I thought – since I’m here and it's free, I might as well!’

It turns out that my right eye is letting the team down. You know how when you have your eyes tested how you do a whole bunch of covering one eye and reading a chart? I covered my left eye and everything was blurry. I covered my right eye, and I could read the chart perfectly! Shame on you right eye. At least I only need to wear glasses for a few things, like driving at night or reading things that are far away.

If only it wasn’t for my embarrassing inability to wink, I could save myself a whole lot of money on glasses by just driving around with one eye closed.

0 comments:

Post a Comment