Feeling Hot, Hot, Hot!!

Friday, February 04, 2011

It's 29 degrees, 90% humidity and the aircon in my office has packed it in.
It's a stupid little office with no ventilation, so it's about 40 degrees in here and so damn humid that my arms keep sticking to the desk as I try to type. I'm debating locking the door, closing the curtains and stripping off to my underwear so that I can work in some kind of comfort. That seems a little weird though, so for now I'll contain myself and just sweat through it.

Really though, I can't complain, because unless you've been off scaling cliffs in the Arctic, you would have heard on the news that the top half of Australia was first flooded, and then hit by the biggest Cyclone in the country's history. Cyclone Yasi was a category 5 cyclone - That's 5 out of 5, so it was a good one.

Here's a picture of Cyclone Yasi superimposed over the top of the USA that gives you an idea of the size of the thing:


So really, a bit of heat and humidity is really nothing for me to stress about I guess!

If you feel so inclined, you can donate to the Disaster Relief Appeal here, or via the Salvation Army here. I will be.

0 comments:

Post a Comment