Hobby on Hold

Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Another warm, sunny day has brought with it the smell of summer and the sad realisation that one of my favourite hobbies must be put on hold for a few months.

Through Autumn, Winter and Spring I spend copious amounts of time with the windows in my car rolled up and the radio cranked to full volume. I sing loudly and proudly and very very badly to whatever dodgy music I can get my hands on. Recently it has been Cake, Ben Lee and Mika, although other regular sing-alongs involve Elvis, Aretha and Huey Lewis amongst others. Summer means rolling down all the windows to account for no air-conditioning and also more traffic jams for some reason. Singing into other people's open windows while waiting at traffic lights is not a pain that I wish to inflict on anyone, so I'm putting down the imaginary microphone for a little while.

The bonus of this time of year is that once mid-December arrives and the traffic congestion has eased I can get out the Christmas Carol CD's and embarrass myself with those instead. I can't wait!

3 comments:

Badaunt said...

You listen to Christmas music VOLUNTARILY?

(And you're worried about deja vu?)

torrygirl said...

Absolutely! The more embarassing the music, the better the singing in my experience.

Badaunt said...

You must be related to my father. He used to sing hymns at traffic lights with the windows rolled down. At full volume.

We were the original incredible shrinking children.

Post a Comment