February - The Blah Month

Thursday, February 18, 2010

February is such a Blah month. That’s right – Blah with a capital B. Nothing good ever happens in February, hence there is never anything to write about.

The highlight of my month is that my mum is cooking a roast for dinner tonight. She’s promised me lots of vegetables as well - this should go a long way in ensuring that my horribly low fruit and veg intake doesn’t give me scurvy or something.


Mum makes an awesome roast. She always has, but ever since my brother and sister-in-law moved back to Australia, it’s been even better. My sister-in-law doesn’t eat red meat, so that means that when we have a roast we have either lamb or beef as well as roast chicken.

Mmmm, I’m drooling just thinking about it.

I like dinners like this, because it’s good to see all of my family. My niece is 5 now and is an absolute crack up. She’s at that age where she’s still cute and little, but she’s starting to become an independent person which means she comes out with some hilariously grown-up sounding things. You don’t realise the stupid grown-up turns of phrase that you use until you have a 5 year old repeat them back at you.

Sad, really, that this is the highlight of my month.
The only good thing I can say about February is that there is only 2 and a half weeks of it left. Then we’ll be in March and the year can really kick off.

0 comments:

Post a Comment