My Fantastic Idea

Friday, February 19, 2010

A while back I had this idea. It was about a year ago after I paid the final bill for my wedding dress. I was feeling mildly cynical about weddings and how you spend so much on your dress, and then you only get to wear it for one day. Then I had this fantastic idea – what if I just wore it again anyway!? What if my friends and I all wore our dresses again? What if we had a party and got dressed up like we did on our wedding day?!

Genius!

I mulled it over for a while, and I thought – this is such a good idea that everyone is going to want to get in on this. Maybe a party for my friends and I is just too small. Maybe I need to think bigger. This would be a great opportunity for a charity event! Maybe I could organise a kind of gala ball and sell tickets, with all the profits going to some kind of charity.
It was an awesome idea, but the thought of trying to organise something on that kind of scale was pretty daunting. So I went back to mulling things over, trying to work out how I would go about something like this.

And then this happened.

They stole my idea damn it! And not even for a charity! It’s purely 100% about self gratification.
I always thought of my laziness as a highly developed skill, but today it seems like a bit of a curse.

Damn you laziness and damn you idea-stealing radio station!!

2 comments:

said...

Your link in this post is broken.

torrygirl said...

Thanks Tyge, all fixed now.

Post a Comment