Letter to a Nerd

Saturday, August 07, 2010

Yesterday, like every other day for what feels like eternity (but in reality is probably about a month) it was freezing cold. The sun was weak, the wind was icy, and I was huddled behind my desk with the heater set to 'blazing inferno'.

KJ came upstairs to say goodbye (he's interstate for the next week) and as he sat down next to me, I noticed that next to him I looked pallid and sickly, like some cave dweller who might shrivel up if they ever saw the sun.

And that was it - I officially reached my limit for stupid cold weather, and I vowed that I was leaving this stupid city and moving somewhere where the temperature never drops below 25 degrees Celsius and the sun is always shining.

I hate cold weather and i've had enough. I feel as though my body has forgotten what warm weather is like. I'm sick of being cold and not rememebring what the sun looks like. I'm sick of having to defrost every time I walk inside. I'm sick of having to wear shoes! I hate wearing shoes!



When I got home that night, it was almost as though some kind of cosmic joker was watching over me and reading my thoughts. There was a letter for me.

It was from my doctor, and it read something like this:


Dear Torrygirl,

Your recent blood test results showed that you are seriously lacking in Vitamin D. Basically, you're pasty. Get out in the sun more, you nerd! Seriously. Move away from the computer, and make sure that you see the outdoors occasionally.

Regards,
Dr. Nerd Spotter

Obviously I'm paraphrasing here, but that was the general gist of it. I'm seriously lacking in Vitamin D, and a doctor now tells me that I have to spend even more time outside in the freezing cold just so I can fix that. It's cruel.

I can't wait for summer.

0 comments:

Post a Comment