Why kids are bad for the ego

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Yesterday I was out on site seeing a customer with KJ. The customer’s son, a 3 year old who in typical toddler fashion talked without stopping, turned to talk to KJ.

Kid: (pointing at me) Is that your brother?
KJ: Er, no, that’s not my brother.
Kid: Yeah, I think that’s your brother.

His dad apologised, telling us that he understands what a brother is because he has one, but isn’t quite clear on the whole concept of a sister.



We left the appointment, and headed to a friend’s place to pick him up for dinner. He wasn’t home yet, so we went inside and chatted with his wife who had to stay home and look after their 3 and 1 year old sons. The 3 year old was running around telling us all that his balloon wouldn’t blow up because it had a hole in it. Eventually, his mum went to the cupboard and got him a new one in order to shut him up for a bit.

Kid: I need two Mum!
Mum: No, you only need one
Kid: (pointing at me) but I want to give one to him!

She laughed and told me that he always gets his ‘he’s’ and ‘she’s’ mixed up.


Not a good day for the old self-confidence.

0 comments:

Post a Comment