The greatest addition to a car in automotive history

Friday, January 22, 2010

Some people might call this statement silly or frivolous, but I’m going to go way out there and state that I think that the cup holder is possibly the greatest addition to the car in automotive history.

I know that car buffs around the world will argue with this and say that things like the automatic transmission or fuel injection are much more impressive, but I disagree. You can drive a car without an automatic transmission. You can drive a car with a carburettor if you don’t have fuel injection. But you absolutely cannot drive a car if you’re holding two large cokes or two scalding hot cups of coffee.

In my opinion, the person who thought to first include cup holders in the car was a truly great thinker.

Having said that, I’ve since discovered that in some countries (well, mainly just the US but I was trying not to point any fingers) cup holders are installed in buses and trains. Now that’s just lazy. Unless you don’t have a seat, in which case – genius. It's a fine line.

1 comments:

Jenna Culbertson said...

I would have to agree. I don't know what I would do without the cup holder in my car. Can't imagine having a car without them. The more the merrier.

Post a Comment