Painting and Stuff

Saturday, January 09, 2010

It’s been a long week. Despite the incredibly high temperatures, I’ve been working hard to paint the lounge/dining room and entry to the house in aid of preparing to get rid of our hideous brown 70’s shag pile carpet. I’ve worked solidly from 8am til 7pm for the last 3 days and I’m almost done and incredibly over it all. I'm also a little high from the paint fumes.

The guy who owned the house before us decided that he was too lazy to paint the ceiling white, so for the last 3 years we’ve lived with an entirely beige house. The only highlight to the beige was a lovely floral wallpaper border that he thought might ‘brighten the place up’! (Insert vomiting motion here).

Luckily, I have a super secret talent – I am an incredibly gifted house painter. If I was bitten by a radioactive spider or something tomorrow, my new super power would be the ability to paint walls quickly and incredibly well. It might be a dull super power by comparison to say, Superman, but it’s dead useful and requires no spandex whatsoever. Wearing my undies on the outside is also purely optional.
So it’s been a long and yet oddly uneventful week up until now.



I know I’m being slack about posting lately, but I’ll be back in the swing of things soon. I have one more week of holidays and then I’m chained to my desk again – so expect more in the not too distant future.

0 comments:

Post a Comment