Prank Call?

Friday, March 26, 2010

Just now I received what I’m pretty sure was supposed to be a prank call, but despite thinking about it for quite a while, I can’t work out what the hell it was supposed to mean. I can only assume that I didn’t say what was expected of me, or that the person who called was so stupid that just saying random crap makes them laugh. It went something like this:

Me: Hello (actually this was more involved than just saying hello because I’m at work, so I spouted a bunch of professional sounding crap.)
Prankster: Hi, can I speak to Ben?
Me: Who sorry?
Prankster: Can I speak to Ben.
Me: There’s no one named Ben here sorry.
Prankster: Er...well maybe you should try a breath mint! *laughter, then hangs up*
Me: .Um....what the fuck?

I was going to censor that last bit, because despite the fact that I swear a fair bit in real life, I don’t really swear on paper (or virtual paper, as the case may be). Virtual-Me is a lot more proper than Real Life-Me. But it’s Friday, and I’m feeling a bit less virtual-polite, so I left it there.

I spent a good 10 minutes after this call trying to work out if there was anything that I could have said in response to make that prank call make sense, and I came up with a big fat zero. Suggestions anyone?

1 comments:

Carrie said...

Huh. That's a new one. I have no idea what they were talking about.

Post a Comment