Wordle

Thursday, March 11, 2010

While I was browsing the web yesterday in a moment of boredom, I came across this cool little site, which takes a blog feed or a slab of text and turns it into cool word art using the most commonly used words on that site.

After playing with it for a while, I thought that it might be cool to plug in a bunch of addresses of blogs that I read regularly to see if they had any major words in common. I thought it might give me a bit of an insight into the kind of stuff I like to read.

Mostly they ended up being pretty different, because from what I gather it only used the most recent posts to collect words.
The most common words that showed up on the blogs that I read were, in no particular order:

  • People
  • Just
  • Think
  • Drink
  • Driving


Hmmmm. Should I be concerned? Probably. Or maybe Wordle is just trying to provide me with an important community safety message.

My Wordle was pretty heavy on costume party related language, although I removed most of that to make it a bit prettier. You will note that it’s pretty light on the drink and driving talk though.



0 comments:

Post a Comment