Can't wait for the weekend

Tuesday, August 04, 2009

It’s official - I’m going to see the Whitlams play on Saturday night! I have the tickets in my hot little hand. Ok, that’s a lie. We booked the tickets online, so we don’t have them yet, but I like to think that I have them in my hot little virtual e-hand. It’s an imaginary hand that I use specifically for the web, because when you try to use your real hand, you hurt your knuckles on the screen. Plus there’s a lot of stuff on the web that you just don’t want to touch with your real hand.

Now that I know that I’m officially going, there’s only one minor concern – my total and utter inability to hold my booze any more. I’m going with my best friend, and she is of that very odd species – the permanent uni student. She’ll be 30 next year, but she still pretty much spends her days at school and her nights drinking copious amounts of alcohol. That was all fine for me 8 or so years ago when that was what I did most of the time too, but the last time I tried to keep up with her it ended....well, badly. Let’s just leave it at that.

I’m a lightweight now. I must remember to pace myself so as to be able to remember the concert on Sunday when I wake up.

0 comments:

Post a Comment