The Invisible (and irate) Woman

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

I am so incredibly sick of working for a company staffed entirely with men. They are self consumed, self important, disgustingly messy and quite often inappropriate and rude in the most irritating ways imaginable.

Today one of the bosses told me that they would have to make sure someone else knew how to do my job too, because I would be making babies soon and that he'd broken his self imposed rule of never hiring women because then he has to deal with maternity leave. Like because I'm a woman I'm a freaking baby machine! Like having a womb makes me waaaay more unreliable than the men who work here!!

The new admin guy (who I've known for a number of years outside of work) keeps making jokes about me being paid too much money, which was mildly amusing the first 3 times, but not the 50 times after that. News flash dickhead - I've been doing this for nearly 10 years now - of COURSE I earn a stack more money than you - you've been doing it for 5 weeks!!!

Hmmm, can you tell I'm feeling a little irate today? A meeting where they talk about a subject for 3 hours only to come back to the point that I made in the first 5 minutes of the meeting will do that to me. I am the amazing invisible (and irate) woman.

0 comments:

Post a Comment