A Lazy Friday

Friday, August 21, 2009

It’s raining sideways. Ordinarily, the large glass window that is next to my desk gives a perfect view of the miserable weather, but today it’s like a water feature with a constant flow of rain water cascading down it. Considering that the usual view from my office is over an industrial estate, I would have to say that the water feature is somewhat of an improvement.

It’s Friday and I’m feeling a little sleepy and ever so slightly lazy. The cold weather means the heating is turned right up to the ‘super-cozy-comfy’ setting and it’s making me spend a lot of time stretching and yawning and checking the clock to see if it’s time to go home yet. Even my computer seems to be having a lazy day today. Regular tasks seem to be running slower, as if the computer knows that it’s the kind of day where slow and steady is the only pace available.

Since I already have the comfort food (down to 4Kg now), all I need now is a pair of slippers and some trashy daytime TV and I could almost pretend I wasn’t at work!

I wonder if anyone would notice if I took a nanna nap at my desk...

0 comments:

Post a Comment