I is for Inside

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Since this is supposed to be an A-Z of me, I tried to think about things that I could write about that would provide some kind of insight into what I’m like that you wouldn’t get from regular everyday blog reading.

Then I got to thinking – there's one item that says enormous amounts about a woman - her handbag! Looking into a woman’s handbag is like a secret insight into her personality. It can tell you everything from how clean she is at home to what her health and fitness levels are like.

I had a quick peek through mine to see if I could work out what it said about me, so i thought I'd let everyone else have a peek in there too. So here it is, everything that was in my handbag today:



My purse (Olga Berg) with $14.70 cash in it.
My mother-in-law gave it to me for Christmas 3 years ago.
It's overdue to be replaced, as you can tell from the way the
teal suede is now cack-brown suede.

Napoleon Perdis Lip Lacquer in 'Baby Lips' colour.
It's in there n case i need to tart myself up in a hurry.

Napoleon Perdis Camera Finish Powder Foundation.
See above for reasoning.

A Chap Stick

Vicks Vapodrops.
No one likes to listen to someone else cough.

Hollywood Fashion Tape. I'm not sure how I lived without it before.
It's been my saviour a million times over for holding
things in, up, under and out of the way.

Kwells. I always find myself without travel
sickness pills when I need them, so now I carry them with me.

My keys – a car key, 3 house keys, a key for my parents place
and one for work. I don’t have any keyrings anymore,
mostly just because I haven’t found anything worth having.

3 prescription pill bottles. Yep, still diseased.
They actually don't look anything like this.
I've never seen a pill bottle that does, actually.

A small plastic bag full of tiny diamantes & a small plastic bag with a
giant button. They probably shouldn’t be in there anymore.
I had to throw on some new clothes in a hurry a few days ago
and realised when I was sitting in the car that they still had
the tags on, along with obligatory spare button and diamantes.
The tags came off and the spare bits went into the vast and mysterious
reaches of my handbag.

32GB Ipod touch.
It enables my terrible, loud car singing on the
way to and from work. Also good for playing scrabble.
It lives in my handbag because it has my calendar in it - without it I
wouldn't be able to keep track of my plans (or lack thereof.)

Samsung F480 Mobile Phone.
Biggest heap of crap I've ever had the displeasure to own. I rarely
take it out of my handbag because I can't bear to look at it and
realise that i'm stuck with it for another year until my contract is up.

Tampons. If you need an explanation for why these are in there,
then you should have paid more attention in school.

Stamps. Or rubbish, actually, now that
they've jacked the price up by another 5c a stamp.

3 almost expired Coles Myer giftcards with $3.15, $0.97 and $17.59 on them.
Not exactly sure what I can get for 97c....

Ticket stubs for a Saturday matinee of Cats at the Regent Theatre.
Worst Musical I've ever seen. If I ever meet Andrew Lloyd Webber,
I'll demand my $110 back. With interest to cover mental anguish caused.

Ticket stubs for a Thursday evening Jersey Boys show at the Princess Theatre.
Didn't buy these for myself, but I'm really glad i got to see it - it was interesting and
the music was great throughout - no crappy filler songs. COuld have done without
the 6 flights of stairs to get to the grand circle though.

An Ikea pencil. Handy when life seems a bit like
a giant warehouse full of stuff you'll never
get to go together quite right.

So that's it! All the crap that makes up my life in one easy to lug around bag. Some of it's useful, some of it's just junk, but all of it means something to me. Except for the Cats tickets. They're definitely junk.

Looking over it all, I guess my impression would be of a crazy sick person who likes to watch musicals while playing scrabble. I don't think that's what I'm like, so maybe it takes a slightly deeper analysis than that. Either that or I really am a crazy sick person and I can't tell, because I'm crazy and sick. You be the judge.


This entry is part of my ‘A-Z of Me’ Series. 26 Days of alphabetically ordered random crap about me and my life. You can read the rest here.

0 comments:

Post a Comment